Sr Financial Analyst
Sr. Financial Analyst
Do you seek a challenge, want to advance your career, and look forward to Monday?
At FTD (NASDAQ:FTD) we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where we provide floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We achieve this through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies, and business-impacting projects.
This position will take an organized detail-oriented individual to handle various aspects of monthly close within our multi-brand $1B+ e-commerce company. We're actively searching for a top-level individual to join our team at FTD. The applicant will assume the function of reporting information for the Consumer Division and tackle the responsibilities outlined below. This position works closely with other FTD Corporate and divisional finance personnel.
This position reports to Jim Lindquist, Sr Director, Finance & Accounting
- An exciting opportunity to be a part of the FTD team with 110 years of tradition being the nation's leading provider of floral needs. We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas of business
- We want you to enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan)
- You will benefit from a relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals supported, gym with classes).
- We are a "flat" organization with access to business managers, product management, and leadership ready to accept your role and the business value it brings. We proudly boast the blending of cultures across multiple cities and three continents where you can be part of helping craft our future
- Those that have a positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base
- You will be responsible for certain monthly financial close activities including, but not limited to the review of month-end accounting reports, journal entries, accruals, variance analyses, cost center reviews, and account reconciliations.
- You may be tasked with researching, as needed, accounting guidance and recent pronouncements that may have an impact on the financial reporting of the company. Additionally, you possess the ability to understand and communicate with staff and management the implications of the applicable accounting guidance.
- You are going to be direct and indirectly responsible for the annual operating financial planning process working closely with all department managers in developing challenging but reasonable budgets for the fiscal year.
- The Sr FA works strategically with business owners to update monthly forecasts that account for the market, economic and strategic changes and current conditions.
- Through assisting the auditors and an ongoing review of Sarbox procedures, you will ensure strict adherence to Sarbox and other internal control procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly bridges for actual results and forecast changes which identify business issues that are impacting the company's ability to execute the operating plan.
- Advise management of financial and operational risks that you become aware of in your work
- You are required to maintain strict integrity on all occasions without any compromise in all that you do.
- Collaborates with external and internal auditors and ensure all audit requests are completed accurately and timely.
- Contribute as requested to all quarterly reporting requests needed by corporate and articulate any issues and all potential process and procedural improvements to the attention of your manager.
- We prefer a BS/BA in accountancy/finance, CPA is preferred or the public accounting experience equivalent.
- Do you have 5+ years of experience in accounting, financial reporting, financial budgeting/planning and analytical projects in a medium or large size company? Apply now.
- Being PC literate is absolutely necessary; fluent in MS and familiar with ERP platform. Furthermore, be an outstanding communicator with the poise and presence to interact with a diverse group of constituents.
- Do you confidently question the status quo and possess excellent analytical skills and refers to that experience in various situations? Apply now.
- Do you meet these requirements? Apply now.
Come give FTD a look. We are based in Downers Grove, IL. We thrive in an exceptionally open and inviting company--apply now.
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the top tier and most trusted company in our industry in the world. We excel in floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of gifting solutions
For more information please reach out to the recruiter Alex Kraus, at [email protected]