Are you an accountant and want to love where you work? Come see why Analytics8 was voted a Best Place to Work by both Built in Chicago AND Consulting Magazine!
Analytics8 is a data and analytics consultancy helping companies translate their data into meaningful and actionable information. From data strategy to implementation, we help our clients make sense of their data and use it to solve complex business problems.
We are currently seeking a full time Staff Accountant to join our growing team. This key member must possess strong numeracy, analytical, problem-solving and time management skills. The best candidate will draw on knowledge of GAAP as well as multi-state and payroll taxes.
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations, and assisting with monthly/quarterly/annual close processes
- Manage Bill.com AP process, reviewing bills for accuracy/coding, and processing invoices for payment
- Perform Actual vs Budget expense variance analysis
- Provide insight on financial matters
- Assist with documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Responsible for Corporate credit card processing and reconciling with receipts
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare month-end and year-end closures
- Consistently meet processing and reporting deadlines
- Must always follow GAAP guidelines
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Experience with multi-state payroll and tax compliance
- Experience with Sage Intacct preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to work in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Software and professional services revenue recognition experience preferred
- Confidentiality and integrity
Analytics8 is an Equal Opportunity Employer