STATS is currently looking for our next Staff Accountant. In this role, you'll be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all accounts payable related obligations of the company and the preparation of financial information. You'll process payments and manage the company's credit card relationships. As a Staff Accountant you'll provide training and assistance for the company's T&E and procurement systems. In addition, you'll perform other duties related to the general ledger and assist with the month-end close processes.
What You'll Do:
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Manage all company credit cards, uploading and coding company credit card transactions, and own the relationship with the company's credit card providers
- Code, process and post invoices to accounting system
- Manage the weekly check run/ACH/Wires
- Maintain vendor files (W-9's / 1099's)
- Serves as T&E reporting system administrator
- Prepare journal entries as needed, supported by sufficient documentation & calculations
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and analyses for various balance sheet accounts, including accounts payable and T&E-related accounts
- Prepare weekly cash tracking reports as required for cash forecasting
- Assist on month-end/quarter-end/year-end close and other areas of accounting, as needed
- Participate in the interim and annual audit, fielding auditors' questions and providing appropriate support
- Perform other duties as requested or required
- Ensure that all activities related to this job position are accomplished in an ethical, prudent and secure manner
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ year of professional accounting experience
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and US GAAP
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer-service focus
- Absolute integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the confidential nature of duties, tasks and information
- An ability to function well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- An exceptional attention to detail and accuracy with a focus on high quality work
- Impressive work ethic, with a desire to grow and work independently
- An ability to learn quickly and be flexible with duties
- Experience with month-end close process is a plus
- Experience using Intacct is a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite – proficiency in excel is a plus
Who We Are:
The values at STATS mirror those of foundationally great teams and franchises. Our objective is to win through effort, creativity, team-work and positive energy. Specifically, we look for candidates that embody the following: Be All-In, Put the Fan at the Center, Get Stuff Done, It's Your Team, Make an Impact, and Fearless Integrity. We want employees that crave responsibility, accountability and want to have fun working in a collaborative, Get Stuff Done environment.
- Put Fan at the Center: You enjoy working with customers and have the strong communication skills to make those interactions a success.
- It's Your Team: You embrace others' ideas (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer. You are a collaborator and relationship builder.
- Get Stuff Done: You are driven and your can-do attitude inspires others to elevate their performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Make an Impact: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you're excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Be All-In: You must be passionate about what you do and about our customers' success.
- Fearless Integrity: You are self-motivated and capable of holding both yourself and others accountable to deliver on multiple tasks.
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.