Launched in 2014, ShipBob is a tech-enabled fulfillment and logistics solution for growing e-commerce companies. Our goal is to alleviate the daily stress associated with picking, packaging and shipping so business owners can focus on more important aspects of their brand. Through our software and operations arm, we are on a mission to help businesses be successful online.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and richly diverse company culture. All voices are heard regardless of tenure or job title. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a strong work ethic and ability to persevere.
We are seeking an innovative Staff Accountant to fill a new position on our continually growing Accounting & Finance team, based in Chicago’s West Loop neighborhood. The position will report directly to Controller along with having daily interactions with the company’s CFO. The Staff Accountant will be instrumental in helping set up processes and efficiencies within the department to position itself for exponential growth in the coming years.
- Perform month end accounting functions including journal entry preparation and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Prepare equity analysis and reporting related to stock-based compensation, and equity accounting
- Process various vendor and employee related expenses
- Analyze monthly results at fulfillment center and corporate levels
- Coordinate with finance team to create weekly & monthly P&L and assist in analyzing financials for discrepancies to budget.
- Maintain lease agreements and determine the accounting implications of all leases
- Work with internal account executives and external vendor contacts to ensure monthly royalty and commission reports are generated accurately and in a timely manner
- Collaborate directly with cross-functional business partners to resolve accounting discrepancies and drive new efficiencies
- Create detailed narratives of all procedures and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal quality controls
- Assist external audit and tax teams by preparing schedules, explaining supporting material and procedures and any other data as needed.
- Assist on projects and ad hoc assignments as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- CPA or CPA strongly encouraged
- 1-3 years of accounting experience
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and ability to write technical memos preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required, including VLOOKUP’s, SUMIF’s and Pivot Tables
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Experience with Netsuite Accounting system is a plus
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with a team, but can manage their workload independently
- Enthusiastic, adaptable, and see challenges as an opportunity to grow
- Flexible working hours, casual dress code, premium local coffee
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k Plan