Who We Are:
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 2,000 restaurants, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day, each Fooda location is served by different restaurants that come onsite and serve fresh lunch from their chef’s unique menus. Fooda operates in 20 major US cities and plans to continue its expansion across the United States and internationally. Eight out of ten employees believe Fooda is one of their company’s top perks.
Who We Are Looking For:
Fooda is looking to add a Staff Accountant to our growing Finance and Accounting Team. The ideal candidate for this position will have several years of experience between public and/or private firms and is looking to try something different. The Staff Accountant will provide ideas on current processes in order to streamline and implement new systems. Candidates must demonstrate high energy and passion, and want to continue to be challenged every day.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Participate in the monthly financial close including preparation of monthly balance sheet and income statement analysis.
- Analyze and report on variances for budget and forecast
- Responsible for general ledger accounting, including but not limited to: billing, collections and cash application; accounts payable and vendor payments; fixed assets, cash and intercompany.
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports.
- Responsible for audit requests such as balance sheet recs and other analyses.
- Research and analyze accounting issues as they develop.
- Provides advice and assistance to Controller and CFO in analyzing and interpreting financial data and reports.
- Assist in improving the accounting and financial reporting process by helping evaluate processes and implementing changes.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to generate new ideas and think independently; strong research and analysis skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
What You Should Already Have:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Accounting
- Public accounting experience is a plus
- Excellent skills in MS Word and Excel
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Must be able to exercise discretion and maintain confidential/sensitive information
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and multi-task
What We’ll Hook You Up With:
- Competitive market salary and stock options based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid maternity and parental leave benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company-issued laptop
- Daily subsidized lunch program (ours!) and free food and beverages in the office
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No phone calls or recruiters please.