Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences in the world. We're a marketplace where fans can book personalized video shoutouts from their favorite people. We've helped create over 300,000 moments for our customers and built a marketplace for over 20,000 talent to connect with their biggest fans. We’re breaking down the exclusivity myth of celebrity by building personal relationships between fans and talent.
Cameo is one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For and also recognized on TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies list. We are a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL in the Fulton Market neighborhood and HQ2 in Venice, CA.
We recently closed our Series B round led by Kleiner Perkins who has backed other tech giants including Google, Spotify, and Amazon. Join our team and be able to experience a rocketship from its early days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and help shape the direction of the next great tech company.
About the role:
We are hiring an accountant who will be an integral part of our growing team. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. This role will also be critical in the creation and implementation of accounting best practices across our global marketplace.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for month-end close procedures including preparation/review of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for handling incoming invoices, obtaining necessary approvals, and facilitating payments to vendors
- Reconcile and review monthly corporate cards and employee reimbursable expenses
- Assist in the design and scaling of revenue accounting and revenue recognition
- Maintain and process payroll including new hires, terminations, rate changes, etc.
- Review all GL entries for accuracy and ensure proper accounting
- Assist in implementation, maintenance, and adherence to internal controls under SOX and ensuring compliance under US GAAP
- Assist in preparation of schedules for external auditors for the annual audit
- Assist with actual vs budget reporting and monthly variance analysis
- Assist and manage various ad hoc finance and accounting projects
What we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and/or accounting
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Experience in public accounting is a plus
- Strong analytical skillset with excellent attention to detailIntermediate to advanced spreadsheet skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Experience in a fast-paced environment is a plus
- Experience with Quickbooks & Expensify is a plus
- Strict attention to detail, highly organized and efficient
- High integrity with a strong work ethic
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.