Staff Accountant at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 7th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entry level accounting professional to get started as a Staff Accountant with a growing organization
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and post journal entries and cash receipts.
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with both Internal & External Audits.
- Ensure accounting tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify issues and follow through its resolution.
- Research and resolve day-to-day financial reporting issues and assist with new transactions to ensure proper application of US GAAP and industry reporting requirements.
- Assist in the creation of financial reporting-related policies and procedures.
- Responsible for various monthly close activities.
- Ad hoc projects and special reporting requests.
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Advanced Excel, and Word skills.
- Experience with Power Point and Access a plus.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, a strong work ethic, and demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines/assignments.
- Personal motivation and a sense of ownership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.