Crafty is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to become an instrumental player within our team! Your primary responsibility will be to own day-to-day operational processes for Crafty.
We are in search of a creative thinker excited to contribute to a hardworking team who has experienced substantial growth since launch. This growth requires building and scaling out an operational finance function to ensure the highest integrity in our financials. The Staff Accountant will make a huge impact performing, maintaining, and optimizing our key AR, AP, and Month End processes. With greater scalability and increased accuracy, the Staff Accountant will be a key building block and critical to our success as we expand into more geographies and business units.
The role will report into our Operational Finance Manager. As we continue to build and rebuild processes to increase accuracy, controls, and efficiencies in processes, your role will be dynamic in execution of these responsibilities. To name a few:
Manage and optimize accounts payable processes
- Drive accuracy of AP input to increase visibility in financials.
- Account for daily banking activity and payment remittances.
- Assist with OF Manager & Procurement in building 3-way match, P2P process.
- Main point of contact for payment and expense related questions with internal Crafty stakeholders and external vendors.
Manage and optimize accounts receivable processes
- Manage daily invoicing activity
- Account for daily banking activity including timely customer payment application
- Drive collections initiatives with Client Services to appropriately manage cash
- Main point of contact for billing or customer payment questions with internal Crafty stakeholders and external customers
Complete month end close activities
- Perform key tasks including accrual calculations, prepaid & fixed asset amortization, journal entries and account reconciliations
- Streamline current close processes and build new processes
- Assist in financial reviews, audits, and tax returns
Assist in process & system improvement initiatives
- Assist in improving accounting and financial reporting processes by evaluating, and implementing changes
- Partner with OF Manager to drive accuracy and efficiency
Your experience (preferences, not requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related fields
- 1-3-years experience in accounting
- CPA / CMA a plus
*If you’re somebody with no experience in this role but plenty of experience getting up to speed at a steep learning curve, that experience counts.
- Microsoft Excel
- Cloud-based solutions (Expensify, Divvy, AssetGuru, etc)
- Self starter who is extremely results and detail-oriented. Extremely hard working. We are a startup with the mentality that no job is too big or too small for us. You are resourceful and hustle because that’s just how you work.
- Extraordinarily organized. Detail-orientation is an absolute must. You have tried-and-true methods in your arsenal for staying organized and on top of it all.
- Calm and collected in the line of fire. On a day where everything that could go wrong has gone wrong, you find a way to stay positive.
- Passionate about growth. We have a bright future ahead, which depends on our team’s spirit, morale, and work ethic.