Staff Accountant at relayr
Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. Our unique value stack combines pioneering IIoT technologies with skilled delivery, exclusive financing, and risk-free insurance models.
We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, France, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Relayr's finance team drives the business forward by providing informed decisions, while creating a solid base for innovation. Currently we are hiring a Staff Accountant to join our team in our Chicago office.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for bookkeeping entries, payroll processing and communication with our payroll vendor, 1st level purchasing, and other finance-related tasks as assigned by the Assistant Controller. Additionally, you will participate in formulating and administering company processes, as well as coordinating and creating working procedures with other departments.
In this role you will also:
- Perform general accounting procedures including maintaining and balancing the general ledger in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner.
- Handle activities related to Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable including reviewing, recording, issuing invoices, and processing payments while maintaining a good relationship with customers and suppliers.
- Perform banking and treasury functions including monthly reconciliations, mobile bank deposits, intercompany wire transfers, and employee expense reimbursements.
- Process company payroll in a timely manner.
- Apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Open Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders in ERP.
- Assist with internal and external reporting as requested.
- Support the needs of annual audits.
As a successful candidate, you will possess:
- At least 3 years of Accounting and Payroll experience, preferably from a tech or SaaS company
- A Bachelor's degree focused in Accounting
- Experience with an ERP environment (Microsoft Dynamics preferred)
- Excellent knowledge in working with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Flexible working environment, virtual and/or our new office in The Loop (311 S Wacker).
A diverse and friendly team with people from all over the world, speaking 20+ languages, of all ages and parental-status
Connecting you with a network of companies and people from around the globe
Competitive salary and a learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills and interests, a focus on growth
Knowledge sharing from the best entrepreneurs in the industry
Easy integration into a highly professional and passionate team
Office Locations in Munich, Berlin, Katowice, Chicago and team members across remote offices
A chance to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!