Tax Business Analyst
At Yum!, we’re looking for a tax business analyst for our dynamic and rapidly scaling team. We’re making this investment with the end goal of creating competitive advantages for our restaurants around the globe.
We’re searching for a tax technology lead as we build a global e-commerce platform that serves our three Yum! Brands—KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell. The ideal candidate is responsible for helping create and drive the strategy for our global tax e-commerce solution. This tax business analyst position is based in Plano, Texas, with some travel required.
As a tax business analyst, you will:
- Work with key stakeholders to assess technology needs to support tax functions.
- Evaluate internal and external options, providing recommendations for the optimal solution that will be implemented throughout the Yum! Brands in 145 countries worldwide.
- Serve as the primary intermediary with the brand to elicit and report tax requirements for the e-commerce platform engine.
- Partner with the technical product owner on agile product development of the tax solution, including discovery, design, development, implementation, documentation and ongoing support.
- Operate as the system administrator for the tax solution—if an external solution is selected, ensure platform is up to date and work with the product team on their implementation.
- Ensure the e-commerce tax solution adheres to audit and compliance requirements.
- Serve as the main point of contact on any internal or external audits.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in managing financials for a digital entity/program is required.
- Ability to display and articulate analyses and recommendations that effectively inform the intended audiences.
- Capability to work positively in uncertain conditions.
- Create new processes/financial models with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Experience with offshore finance is a plus.
- Experience managing high-level stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and communication skills.
- Continually generate ideas to improve modelling to offer greater insights into Yum! Digital & Technology team.
- Demonstrated success collaborating with teams.
- Possess a strong work ethic, working with a results-driven mindset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Possess a strong technical acumen and the ability to work well with engineers on complex technical tax issues.
- Experience implementing global e-commerce solutions is preferred.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills, with the ability to positively influence colleagues.
- Possess an eagerness to contribute to the success of a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Willingly take on challenges to achieve results and impact Yum! in a positive way.
- Bachelor of arts or bachelor of science degree is required