At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Open to entry level graduates!
The Tax Department is relied upon by all facets of the organization including sales, new client implementation, client support and finance. The Tax Filing Service is responsible for tax deposits exceeding $40 billion annually and filing 800,000+ tax returns. The Tax Compliance Team is primarily responsible for balancing the Payroll system to the Tax System and reconciling variances for new and existing customers. The Tax Specialist I will demonstrate a basic understanding of root causes to notices in order to maintain a consistent closure at minimum of the designated quota, while learning basic tax knowledge and tax department processes and procedures. They will communicate with local, state and federal agencies directly to resolve or monitor progress of resolution, as well as provide detailed explanation to the clients regarding cause and resolution of the issue.
- Basic understanding of internal tax department processes
- Familiarity with the entire operating concept of all systems, including Master Tax and Web Pay
- Preparing client payroll tax returns
- Filing and confirming agency postings
- Prepare data exchanges with Tax Agencies
- Maintain MasterTax Database with accurate deposit frequency, rates, EINs and form of payment
- Identify error trends and report to Tax Filing Manager
- Demonstrate knowledge to communicate effectively, internally and externally, regarding tax issues
- Work with the internal departments to answer clients questions regarding tax issues
- Corresponding with and building relationships with state tax agencies
- Communicate information related to basic taxation issues to internal partners designated to managing client relationship
- Keep up-to-date on latest developments as they affect tax regulations and policies
- HS Diploma, College Degree preferred
- 1-3 years+ in customer service related field
- CPP preferred
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (including MS Outlook and MS Excel-vlookups/pivot tables)
- Ability to demonstrate high attention to detail in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- IRS Enrolled Agent Credentials, Certified Payroll Professional or significant progress toward certification highly desired
- Master Tax software experience a plus
This position offers a competitive hourly wage and will require a full background screening including credit check (credit check required for all Tax/Finance positions)
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours / remote opportunities
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Spoiler alert: We’re currently ranked #20 on their Best Places to Work list, and have also won Chicago’s 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, and Crain’s Fast 50, just to name a few.
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.