Technical Accounting Consultant - Quality Assurance
- You are motivated by the idea of making a massive impact within an entrepreneurial organization
- You excel at diving into the details to understand adherence to GAAP
- You are a badass problem solver who enjoys approaching problems by extracting data, communicating effectively, and delivering findings using a high degree of emotional intelligence
- You are a self-starter who seeks to drive the development of a new role within AGA
Available Position: We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Manager who shares our passion for helping our clients build exceptional companies. The Quality Assurance manager will have the opportunity to establish and implement policies and procedures to audit AGA’s client base. The role will involve both internal and client focused initiatives. The Quality Assurance Manager will work with AGA’s Research and Delivery Center (in Bengaluru, India) and project teams to review our clients’ financials to determine proper accounting treatment, identify areas for improvement, perform technical accounting research, implement improvements, and be a resource for our delivery team. As AGA grows, the QA manager will have the ability to grow the QA team with the assistance of AGA’s leadership team.
Projects may include:
* Creating a new vertical, along with sound policies and procedures, to deploy client audits
* Directing and overseeing client teams on projects to ensure adherence to accounting standards
* Analyzing, developing, and working with client teams to implement financial and operational audits for clients
* Producing white papers covering new accounting pronouncements and/or key industries in which AGA’s clients operate
* Leading special projects for current or new clients that require strong technical background
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for overseeing staff who execute a wide range of technical accounting processes, from transactional to revenue and expense budgeting. While staff are well-versed in finance and accounting, AGA is looking to establish a function to perform review over our teams’ work. This requires working internally with AGA’s project teams, visiting client sites while performing audits, and working with leadership to establish quality assurance standards. We are seeking an autonomous specialist who will be responsible for the design, integration, implementation, and execution of an internal audit function.
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
* Certified Public Accountant or Internal Auditor
* Experience in a wide variety of industries
* Proven track record of improving financial and operational processes for growth companies
* Self-starter and creative problem solver who thrives under limited supervision
* Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills
* Proven experience in managing client service teams
* Able to work effectively both in a team environment and independently under tight deadlines and pressure
* Mastery of Microsoft Excel
* Minimum of 5-7 years of experience required
About Our Clients:
We've earned the trust and respect of some of the most highly regarded founders, investment entities, and board members in the Midwest. We aren’t the only ones who think our clients are exceptional. The companies and teams we partner with have been featured on the Inc. 500 list, Crain’s 40 Under 40, Shark Tank, the Wall Street Journal, and CNN (among many others). Our clients are seasoned, entrepreneurial-minded leaders who recognize that sustaining growth requires a strong strategic, financial and operational infrastructure. They understand that having the right people and processes within that infrastructure is integral to success.
About Our People & Culture:
As great as our clients are, the success of our own firm is driven by two things – people and culture. Many companies use the mantra “client first.” We are not such an organization. We unabashedly put our own team first. Our clients come second, and the firm itself third. The logic is simple: If our team is constantly learning, growing and fulfilled, then our clients garner tangible results because they get to work with a skilled/driven team. If our team delivers tangible results to our clients, our clients reward the firm.
Our culture is about personal development. Our goal is to “Accelerate Growth,” not just for our clients, but for our team. In fact, at the core of our leadership development plan is the philosophy of servant leadership which mandates a focus on development of the team. We work hard to maintain our culture by executing consistent monthly trainings, bringing in outside speakers, holding “one on ones” with leadership, and many more. We invest heavily in growing our team because that’s what grows our firm. Our amazing culture was recognized by being awarded a spot on Inc. Magazine's Best Places to Work.
About the Firm:
Accelerated Growth Advisors (AGA) was founded in 2009 with the mission of assisting entrepreneurial organizations to execute their vision. We develop and execute creative strategies that enhance business performance with a focus on revenue growth and profitability enhancement. AGA partners with companies who have made it out of their “start-up” phase and are working on their second stage of growth (typically between $5-$100MM in revenue). Our clients face various business challenges (expansion into new markets, acquisitions, fundraising, turnaround, etc.), but our firm’s value proposition is always the same: We allow our clients to focus on growth, while ensuring that their organizations are structured to execute to that growth effectively. The best part is, not only do we get to work with dynamic companies every day, we are part of one ourselves.