Treasury Operations Manager at OppFi
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 5000 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.What you get to do:
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Treasury Operations, you'll act as a point person and right arm for day-to-day treasury operations, especially during the senior manager's absence.
- Manage relationships with our partner banks, payment processing banks and lenders related to treasury programs
- Identify and execute liquidity management projects and own daily/weekly forecast models
- Partner with every department of the firm collaborating on treasury and finance initiatives/strategies
- Represent Treasury/Finance Team in company-wide projects such as new strategic partnerships and bringing new products to market
- Identify single points of failure within the Treasury department and recommend viable solutions
- Refine cash management across our 70+ accounts and 7+ bank partners while managing bank fees
- Oversee bank entitlements to maintain sox compliance following auditory regulations
- Enhance Treasury reporting measurements through collaboration with multiple internal departments
- Seen as a Treasury expert and mentor peers to support daily operations
- 5 years of experience in Corporate Treasury/Finance/Treasury or Finance Operations
- Incredible ability to synthesize large volumes of data
- Advanced computer software/Excel skills – will be tested as part of the interview process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Management experience is ideal
- Unquestioned ethical mindset, and fully transparent
- A collaborative mindset and ability to partner with a broader team
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free Audible membership, access to all LinkedIn Learning courses, and monthly meditation and yoga classes. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].