Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company backed by one of the largest Private Equity groups in the world. We are making consistent investments in new technologies, acquisitions, expansion and our people. Are you a sharp, driven finance executive who has a passion for technology and developing a finance team that becomes the "go-to" for business strategies and goals? If so, we need you.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the VP of Finance will play a critical role in strategic decision making and operations as Litera continues to enhance its quality offerings and undergoes rapid growth. The successful candidate will be a strategic leader who also has the capability to roll up his/her sleeves and be hands-on when needed. Along with the CFO, the VP of Finance will lead the Finance and Accounting Teams and will have a successful track record in building and mentoring high performing teams; as well as excellent analytic, organization, and communication skills.
As the VP of Finance, you will be responsible for providing oversight and quality assurance for all finance and accounting functions, along with mentoring and leading a team.
- Oversee Accounting function responsible for timely, accurate and efficient close on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Manage accounting functions on a day-to-day basis including billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, treasury management, procurement and general ledger accounting.
- Manage cash including foreign currency, monitoring daily balances, receipts and disbursements, and prepares rolling cash flow forecasts.
- Enhance Accounting department use of software (primarily NetSuite) and integrate software into accounting processes and procedures.
- Perform technical accounting issue research and resolution as necessary.
- Develop, analyze, document and implement internal controls.
- Develop, maintain and enhance Accounting and Finance policies, processes and procedures to comply with US GAAP.
- Seek opportunities to revise or create new policies and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounting group and organization.
- Assist the CFO with preparation and completion of the fiscal year budgeting process, evaluate business unit performance against budget, and develop forecasts/reforecasts to provide an accurate projection of financial performance.
- Supervise the preparation of the monthly management financial reporting package, including variance analysis.
- Report operational data to key members of leadership team utilizing Hoopla and Power BI dashboards
- Responsible for local, state and federal tax compliance and reporting (including payroll, property and sales and use tax compliance and reporting).
- Manage annual financial audits, income tax rand all regulatory filings.
- Manage debt covenant reporting.
- Oversee FP&A to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and monitoring of revenue and expenditures.
- Collaborate with Executive team to ensure timely and accurate preparation of the monthly board deck.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required
- CPA license or MBA required
- 5+ years of accounting experience demonstrating increasing responsibility
- 5+ years of management experience leading small to medium sized accounting teams
- Successful track record of achievement in financial management, analytics, planning, budgeting, forecasting and resourcing within a high growth, fast paced organization
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in finance, compliance, risk management, strategic planning, building high performing teams
- Experience with high growth software company a plus
- Experience working with PE owned companies a plus
- NetSuite experience required
- SF experience preferred
Who We Are:
Litera is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving over 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recently selected for Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.