VP of Finance at IDx Technologies
IDx is executing a plan to implement the first AI device cleared by the FDA to practice medicine. Built on a series of patented machine learning algorithms, our software is designed to automatically diagnose early signs of debilitating eye diseases. In the process, we are working to prevent unnecessary blindness, drive down healthcare costs, and transform the way the world thinks about disease detection.
IDx is a private company with substantial funding and a deep product pipeline. As a rapidly growing company, every member of our team plays a fundamental role in ensuring our success. We want to hire people who bring new skills and perspectives that will take us to the next level.
For more info, visit eyediagnosis.net/careers.
What We Are Looking For:
We need a VP of Finance to work right alongside our CEO to build a first-class, data-driven finance organization that fuels IDx's continued growth. You will be a business partner to multiple senior leaders, run point on financial planning & analysis, chart our strategy for business intelligence, and contribute in just about every aspect of our day-to-day finance & business operations. The VP of Finance will also build out a high-performing finance/accounting team to ensure that IDx is able to continue our business growth and achieve our ambitious goals.
Responsibilities may include:
- Own the strategic vision for finance at IDx
- Lead overall strategy and execution across all financial areas, including: Treasury, Compliance and Accounting, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Fundraising
- Implement processes, frameworks and systems to capture and utilize data across the business; provide insights and recommendations to support our profitable growth
- Build detailed financial models to support our growth plan
- Partner with the CEO on financing strategy and board communications. Develop materials and provide support for all corporate transactions and board / investor requests
- Enhance internal financial management – maintain and develop dashboards, policies, and tools. Look for process and technology improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Direct annual budget creation and re-forecasting activities throughout the year
- Lead annual external audit process. Prepare month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements, and lead month-end close activities
- Provide financial analysis and financial management support to functional leaders, and provide support on short-, medium- and long-term business strategy
- Partner with business leaders to provide numbers-driven insights that lead to real change and value creation within their departments
- Forecast the company's future business results and growth opportunities in order to keep our business leaders in the know about where we are and where we need to go
- Value existing and new business opportunities for internal and external investors
- Lead critical parts of the annual planning & budgeting processes in a smooth and orderly fashion so that senior leadership is aligned on the planned path ahead
- Apply your business savvy to take on ad hoc projects
- BS/BA required; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 7+ years of finance/accounting experience, including experience in a high growth SaaS or tech company
- Experience building things from scratch, whether that be processes, reports, new roles, or entire start-ups
- Demonstrated experience building robust financial models
- Experience working with and influencing senior leaders/C-level executives
What might help you in this role:
- A background in investment banking, specifically healthcare
- Experience building robust & accurate financial analysis
- Data visualization & presentation
- Business savvy & analytical skills
- Exceptional communication skills and executive presence
- Ability to understand and create value from data analytics to impact the business
- Reputation for objectivity and seasoned business judgment
- Ability to earn trust and confidence; positive attitude and strong team player
- Previous experience managing multiple initiatives and changing priorities
- Demonstrated the ability to build and manage a team
The rigors and challenges of work at IDx are not for everyone, but the team here has some amazing opportunities to:
- Work with world-renowned doctors who are pushing the limits of machine learning in medicine.
- Tackle complex problems/projects with the highest levels of quality and execution for audiences that include top technologists, the FDA, and world-leading healthcare providers.
- Push the accessibility and quality of healthcare to new heights to improve the lives of millions of people.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in learning more about working at IDx, check out eyediagnosis.net/careers
And if you’re ready to help our team build the future of healthcare, send us your resume at [email protected]