Workplace Operations Analyst
NextCapital's Digital Advice Platform is a holistic service built around the investor, providing world-class advice at an affordable price. It is the only service that offers integrated planning, advice, and portfolio management capabilities. Because of the breadth of advice services, NextCapital serves a broad range of investor types, from the low-balance beginning investor to the sophisticated high net worth investor.
JOIN OUR TEAM
We're seeking a 401(k) Portfolio Operations Analyst to support senior investment professionals in the management and oversight of the firm's defined contribution investment management process.You will assist with monitoring transactions and advice; support operations and client efforts; coordinate with the portfolio management and Technology groups to ensure quality of the investment processes and client experience.
Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist in the design and creation of specifications for processes, tests, and tools to support and scale the portfolio management and service functions.
- Participate in the on-boarding support and setup for new recordkeepers and plans.
- Participate in the ongoing support for clients and advisory partners.
- Help design, develop, and test solutions for clients' plan features and investment requirements to ensure the success of the managed account program implementation.
- Help design, develop, analytical tools and metrics to monitor and ensure fiduciary quality while maintaining efficiency of transactions and printed statement processing.
- Create and run database queries to investigate, resolve and track issues with a goal to formalize into an automated reporting structure.
- Assist in compliance related activities.
- Other projects as assigned.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in the investment management industry.
- BA/BS with strong analytical and quantitative skills and progress towards a CFP, CFA or other investment related certifications or desire to pursue.
- Proficient with tools of the trade, including Excel, SQL Developer, and 401(k) recordkeeping operations.
- Good understanding of 401(k) plan administration a plus, but not required.
- Good understanding of portfolio theory and knowledge of financial instruments.
- Good understanding of RIA daily client operations management.
- Good understanding of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and SEC compliance.
- Basic understanding of retirement plans structures and features.
- Comfortable and thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented, and collaborative.
- Analytical and detail-oriented.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Series 65 is a plus.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- Enjoy a laid back work environment & learn from FinTech’s best & brightest
- Receive great benefits like stock options, 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage
- Join a fast growing company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, company outings, wine tastings, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- Enjoy a newly built out office on Michigan Avenue with a view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan.
- Sip locally roasted coffee, kombucha, or craft beer at your modular sitting/standing desk
- Participate in women in tech events and service days at local organizations
- Enjoy monthly, company wide, guided meditation sessions