Instructional Design Specialist
At Relativity, we make great software that helps users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our product is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world – in the cloud, on-premises, or both – to manage large volumes of data.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
As an Instructional Design Specialist, you will develop and deliver training content across a variety of formats and media to best serve internal and external clients in understanding and using kCura's core products more effectively. The Instructional Design Specialist works under moderate direction of managers and senior team members.
• Design, deliver, and maintain training programs and learning solutions such as in-person training classes, live virtual webinar sessions, on-demand videos, interactive tutorial simulations, and hands-on labs
• Demonstrate expertise in instructional design, technical communication, and multimedia content development; participate in both delivery and evaluation of training sessions where appropriate
• Maintain, develop, and test user training materials for instructor-led training, self-paced labs, and online training content (including interactive tutorials and rich media educational videos)
• Work directly with internal clients to gather educational requirements; reach out to external client audiences where appropriate
• Collaborate frequently with subject matter experts (SMEs) to assist with knowledge transfer and accuracy/quality of content
• Deliver recurring webinar training sessions as well as in-person classroom sessions as needed
• Assist with managing educational events
• Work across teams to ensure that educational content is effectively deployed and represented on the kCura website, customer portal, internal learning portal(s), and other communications and marketing collateral
• Monitor and answer education tickets in a timely fashion
• Assist with the production and management of industry/community events
• BA/BS in Training & Development, Education, Instructional Design, Communications, Media Studies, or related discipline, or at least three years experience in educational content development (curriculum design, study aids, simulations, evaluations, e-learning, m-learning, scripting, multimedia, publishing, etc) with an emphasis on e-learning and multimedia technologies
• At least three years experience with distance learning, learning management systems, and educational portals
• Portfolio of work and/or writing samples
• Effective and professional communication skills
• Passionate about learning and utilizing new technologies to deliver effective training
• Strong writer with a critical eye for nuance, detail, and editorial principles
• Capable of analyzing and producing content through the eyes of a learner
• Advanced knowledge of adult learning principles with the ability to apply course design techniques
• Enjoys working as part of a team in a collaborative environment
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Hands-on experience working with content authoring (e.g. Captivate, Articulate, Lectora, and/or Camtasia), professional image editing and desktop publishing software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
• Strong project management skills with a focus on meeting milestones and deadlines
• Advanced knowledge in the development and management of training evaluation programs
• Advanced experience in implementing an educational portal
• Advanced experience or familiarity with e-learning standards; SCORM and Section 508 requirements
• Advanced experience in the software technology sector
• Advanced understanding of e-discovery and the legal industry
Our software has more than 130,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice and more than 190 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers’ toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges.
If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you.