2020 Summer Software Engineer Intern at Rally Health
Rally Health™ is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that’s okay. We’re not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We’re building something that supports people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally Health, we believe that two heads truly are better than one. Rallyers understand the importance of communication and collaboration, ensuring that we work we produce is the best that it can be. Every opinion is valid and valued, and we share ideas that elevate the way we work. We know that the big picture and the small details are tied together, and we keep both in mind. Everything we do is executed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch. Here at Rally, we take advantage of the opportunity to build strong relationships with each other, because it makes us better.
About the Team: As an Intern with Rally Health, you can expect to participate in scrum meetings, work alongside experienced engineers and staff, contribute to real-world products, and feel accomplished in the work that you do. You will also be participating in intern-related activities such as off-site events, Spotlight Sessions with department leaders, and have professional development discussions. For our internship program, we have 5 potential domains that Interns can be allocated to: Mobile, DevOps, Full Stack, Backend, and Data.
Your core responsibilities:
- Work on interesting technical challenges in the areas of web and mobile development, backend microservices, data platforms, data analytics, personalization, recommendations and more.
- Help build features that align to our vision, tackle challenging technical problems, and learn from others.
- As an Intern with us, you may work within any of these domains and gain experience in:
- FullStack: Architect, build and ship highly scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks. Contribute to frontend code stack, design databases, and develop APIs and microservices. Tech stack: Scala, Play, MongoDB, Postgres, Docker, Mesos, Marathon
- Data: Architect, develop, and deploy infrastructure on which data gets collected, aggregated, cleansed, transformed, and analyzed. Operationalize data insights from research into fault-tolerant, production-scale deployments. Tech stack: Spark, Hadoop, Databricks, Airflow, Redshift, Docker, Kubernetes
- Backend: Build a cohesive foundational platform for other teams to integrate on top of in order to provide a seamless experience to users as they move across their healthcare journey. Tech stack: Scala, Play, MongoDB, Postgres, Docker, Mesos, Marathon
- DevOps: Administration of AWS resources using modern config based tooling. Building monitors and alerts to keep uptime high and production incidents low. Tech Stack: Terraform, Bash, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible
- Mobile: Develop and deliver product features in Android and iOS. Tech Stack: Swift, Kotlin, Scala, React Native
- Pursuing a BS or Masters in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- Software development experience in a compiled language like Scala, Java, or C# with a strong desire and interest in learning Scala.
- Strong knowledge of computing concepts including API design, distributed systems, multithreaded programming, performance tuning, security and database concepts (both NoSQL and RDBMS).
- Design experience, including knowledge of common design patterns and relevant libraries is a plus.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Previous experience in the Healthcare industry is a bonus.
Apply now and join a best-in-class team of engineers and have the autonomy to help execute full solutions that scale to fit our user growth. We offer interns two options for start dates for the 12-week duration of the internship program: May 18, 2020 - August 7, 2020 or June 15, 2020 - September 4, 2020.
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valued. A diverse workforce will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.