2022 Tech Internship - Expression of Interest at Optiver
Please note, our formal applications for the Summer 2021 Software Engineering Internship are currently closed. We are seeking expressions of interest for our 2022 campaign and would love to hear from you!
Register below to join our talent community and be the first to know when our 2022 roles open. We'll keep you up-to-date on upcoming opportunities and events for students.
It’s called an internship. But that doesn’t quite do it justice. Our software engineering interns build and release software just like our full-time engineers. After a two-week training program covering the fundamentals of our trading systems and engineering principles, you’ll join a team of senior engineers tasked with finding elegant solutions to complex problems. You won’t just have a chance to contribute, you’ll be expected to. After all, the best way to learn is to do.
Technology at Optiver:
As an engineer, you are a maker at heart. And at Optiver you will have the opportunity to take ownership of complex problems and craft solutions—to make stuff—from day one. Every day will bring fresh challenges that demand even fresher thinking. And the proprietary trading systems you build will directly impact financial markets that—either directly or indirectly—touch the lives of millions of people.
What you’ll need:
- Working towards a BS or MS in Computer Science, or related technical field
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, concurrency, and systems programming concepts
- Experience coding in C++, C#, C, or Java
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with developers, traders, and business operations on a daily basis
- Excitement to learn options trading and apply this knowledge toward well-crafted solutions
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]