Accounting Specialist Intern - Summer 2021 at Paylocity
The Finance & Accounting Department primarily consists of two teams: 1) Accounting, which is responsible for preparing the Company’s financial statements, client billing, filing tax returns, as well as many other duties required of a publicly traded Company; and 2) Finance / Financial Planning & Analysis, which is responsible for companywide budgeting, financial forecasting, analysis of results and long-term financial strategy.
As an intern and member of our Accounting team, you will be responsible for assisting the accounting team with month end activities and special projects as needed. You will be directly involved in some aspects of accounts payable cycle, revenue recognition analysis and commissions forecasts.
PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES (WHAT YOU WILL DO)
- Support various members the Corporate Accounting team including Managers and Directors.
- Gain exposure to month-end close procedures, revenue recognition, billing, sales commission, accounts payable and various other accounting-related duties.
- Exposure to internal controls, including process narratives and flowcharts necessary for SOX compliance
- Support the External Reporting team to gain exposure to the SEC public company reporting process including the development of the Company’s Form 10-K.
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
WHERE YOU WILL WORK: Schaumburg, IL
Please note, in response to COVID-19 & Paylocity’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, our Finance and Accounting Teams are currently working remotely. We successfully hosted interns virtually over Summer 2020 and will do so again if necessary. While the future is unclear, please assume you will work onsite at some point in the summer, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Paylocity determines it is safe to do so.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS (WHO YOU ARE)
- Currently enrolled in a college degree program working toward a Bachelor’s degree with an anticipated graduation between December 2021 & Spring 2022; Finance or Accounting major preferred
- Experience with MS office, preferably Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong academic performance, GPA of 3.2/4.0 or higher is preferred
- A basic understanding of GAAP and the core financial statements
- Previous experience working in an office environment preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication, writing and organizational skills