Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Analytics Team
At Arity, our Analytics team is at the core of helping us transform mobility. They not only know how to analyze and find meaning within the data, but are passionate about how it affects the end-users of our products. They work with a treasure trove of massive data sets every day-after all, Arity is constantly collecting and deciphering billions of miles of driving data. And as our data continues to grow by the second, our Analytics teammates grow right alongside it. We give them the opportunity to model and visualize that data to create innovative products, working side-by-side with our diverse product teams. The insights uncovered by the Analytics team help catalyze groundbreaking solutions for our customers and are a driving force in making transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone. Personally, we think that's pretty game-changing stuff.
This is a Summer 2020 internship for students currently enrolled in a degree program. This role is responsible for the use and development of data infrastructure projects and proof of concept business solutions for users in Analytics and Data Science. This person will partner with data scientists and data analytic engineers on tactical solutions. This role will participate in new ETL work tracks for Analytics from inception and prototyping to fully developed solutions. This is a highly dynamic position that requires a great degree of flexibility, analytic agility, and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing business requirements/needs, new technologies, and data sources. This role requires close integration and partnership with the business/Data Science team and requires business acumen to output the best technical solutions.
- Utilize a multidisciplinary approach to data analytics problems combining technical expertise with business knowledge
- Work with data scientists and business partners on embedded cross functional teams; develop subject matter expertise related to business and analytics topics
- Execute on requirements to develop analytic data sources for use by data scientists, research, and business users
- Leverage and enhance the data infrastructure required to support needs of analytics teammates
- Builds test scripts, execute testing, work with data scientists and business partners to ensure end user acceptance
- Contribute to the development of corporate research data files, information platforms or data spaces designed for exploring and understanding the data
- Demonstrate analytic agility to meeting fluid and dynamic business needs in this space
- Target start date: May/June 2020
- Currently pursuing and will be completing a Bachelor's degree in a field such as Computer Science, Data Architecture or equivalent skills
- Related experience or equivalent skills & ability
- Python or Java/Scala development experience and knowledge
- Computer Proficiency in Linux (SQL, AWS, HDFS a plus)
- Analytic, Data Sourcing, and Content Management skills
- Experience in time and task management
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.