Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Experience Design Team
Made up of design leads, experience designers, content designers, design researchers, UI engineers, and visual designers, our Experience Designer Team works collaboratively across departments to capture the emotions and needs of our end users – which are reflected in all the ways they experience Arity and our products. Using a lean and agile approach, our XD team works across areas focused on driving data visualization, driving behavior analysis, urban planning, and shared mobility. They meet each project with deep empathy in order to craft useful and usable interface design solutions. Together, we design experiences that have real impact on the personal transportation industry and its future. Are you ready for the challenge?
Where good people build rewarding careers.
The Experience Designer Consultant Intern will support the framing of problems and provide help with innovative design solutions that meet user needs, while fulfilling key business objectives for a diverse range of products and experiences. They are ready to support other Design team members on concepts and early discovery work, as well as iterating on a mature product while embedded within a product team. On their product team, the Experience Designer Consultant Intern is communicating and collaborating with their Design pair, as well as with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, and Marketing. They will create and extend designs, prototypes and other design asserts in order to facilitate the communication of the recommended solution.
- Use human-centered design approaches to frame problems, uncover patterns, discover opportunities, and visualize possibilities.
- Understand and interpret brand, user, and business needs to develop innovative, creative, and results-oriented solutions
- Support the creation of rapid iterations of designs that can be tested and validated quickly
- Help conduct quick feedback loops through frequent and appropriate user research, testing, and metrics analysis
- Help product team assess and prioritize opportunities, constraints, and features
- Articulate your ideas clearly and effectively using design and prototyping tools and similar methods
- Partner with experience design team specialists when appropriate for the product
- This job does not have supervisory duties
- 2 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work collaboratively and think flexibly, partnering with product, engineering, data science, marketing, and each other
- Passionate toward human-centered design.
- Ability to handle and enjoy projects from huge initiatives to simple requests
- Mindset to work with a variety of methodologies and processes, and suggest improvements to them.
- Ability tow work in an Agile product development environment
- Ability to effectively engage and effectively communicate ideas and contributions
- Keep up-to-date in user experience, interaction design and user research by monitoring trends, attending workshops and conferences, joining professional groups, and sharing our craft and successes.
- Familiarity with design tools, such as Sketch and Figma, prototyping tools like InDesign or Axure, and collaboration tools like MURAL
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.