Business Strategy Intern (Summer 2021-Remote) at Clearcover
Who is Clearcover?
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest-growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add an extraordinary remote intern to our Business Development team.
What is a Business Development Intern?
The Business Development Team is responsible for sourcing, negotiating, and securing new distribution partnerships, which drive growth for Clearcover. The team wears many hats and works closely with both internal and external partners.
A Business Strategy Intern is a self-starter who will leverage their strong business acumen to help set Clearcover strategy, develop a roadmap, engage potential partners, and manage cross-functional initiatives to realize new growth and distribution partners for Clearcover.
The Business Strategy Intern will report to the Head of Business Development, while also working closely with the Product and Technology team and other cross-functional partners.
What will you do?
The Business Strategy Intern will join Clearcover with the goal of developing strengths, being exposed to a high growth startup environment, building knowledge about Clearcover and the digital insurance, and contributing to strategy and high-impact projects.
Assignments and areas of focus for this role will include:
- Researching and presenting a point of view on the competitive landscape of Insurtech and distribution strategies.
- Using data to derive actionable insights to measure the success of an initiative and identify areas of opportunity.
- Building written memos and presentations to influence decision makers.
- Implementing solutions by working with cross-functional internal teams.
What do you need?
- You are either an undergrad or grad student (MBA). If you are an undergrad you are working towards a business degree and your ideal career path is a consulting position or as a business analyst.
- Technical skills - proficient in Excel. Comfortable with Tableau and other data software tools is a plus.
- Soft skills - strong communicator both verbally and written.
- Ability to draw conclusions when not all the facts are known.
- Appetite to learn.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive hourly pay
- Exposure to a high growth, startup company
- Opportunity to develop an understanding of the insurance industry and how technology is disrupting the status quo.
- Collaborative team culture
- High-energy work environment
- Remote experience