Compliance Clerk (Summer Internship 2021-Remote) at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest-growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add an extraordinary remote intern to our Compliance team.
What is a Compliance Clerk Intern?
As a Compliance Clerk at Clearcover, you’ll support strategic initiatives across multiple divisions of Clearcover. Our ideal candidate is a motivated, detail oriented individual who helps colleagues within the department track down information, research complex issues, and assemble data into actionable information. You will report directly to one of our Compliance Analysts and work closely with the legal and compliance team.
What will you do?
- Assist with agent and employee licensing.
- Organize documents as part of regulatory submissions or for internal audit purposes.
- Opportunity to write a memorandum and sharpen your research and writing skills.
- Collaborate on projects ranging from data privacy to claims to insurance product.
- Gain broad exposure to compliance, legal, and operational aspects of the business.
What do you need?
- Working towards a Bachelor's Degree with an interest in law, finance, or accounting. Current law school students are also encouraged to apply.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Experience with legal research and writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- Has a proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Eagerness to learn and contribute with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive hourly pay
- 12 week summer internship
- Remote experience
- Exposure to a startup company
- Understanding of the insurance industry
- Collaborative team culture
- High-energy work environment