Data Analyst Intern
Catch Co is looking for a highly motivated intern to support our analytics team. We want someone who is passionate about using data to better understand our customers, improve our product offerings, and personalize our marketing.
Catch Co is the parent company of a suite of branded products in the fishing and outdoor goods space, including the following:
- Mystery Tackle Box (mysterytacklebox.com)
- Karl’s Bait & Tackle (shopkarls.com)
- BioSpawn (biospawn.com)
This position is not available for sponsorship.
What you will do:
- Build, improve, and debug our data models (we use dbt to model data).
- Expand and improve the data available on our data analysis & visualization platform (we use Looker).
- Work with our Data Engineer to build data pipelines, connecting new data sources to our data warehouse (we use Redshift).
- Collaborate with leaders across the company (marketing, finance, engineering, product, customer support, business development) to provide them with easy access to actionable data.
- Improve or automate existing workflows by building data-based tools.
- Answer ad-hoc questions from our leadership team, our investors, etc.
- Be a scrappy problem-solver; identify ways to improve or fix things using novel technologies or methods.
What makes this a special opportunity:
- We’re a small, new team, so you will have the ability to make an immediate impact
- You will work with people who are eager to use data to improve our product offerings, our customer experience, and other key components of the business
- We are a dynamic early-stage startup with tons of momentum (ranked #435 on the 2017 Inc. 500 list of the fastest growing private companies)
- We place a premium on building a great culture made up of great people
- You will work with and learn from experienced leaders who have a track record of building successful companies
- We are based in Chicago’s West Loop (one of the best restaurant neighborhoods in the world), with easy access to all major public transportation systems
What experience you need:
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with SQL and/or Excel
- Interest in getting your hands dirty to help improve our business
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems and identify opportunities for growth
What will make you successful:
- Curiosity: Always seeking to understand “why”. Always looking to make things better.
- Passion: You are driven by a love for what you do
- Optimism: The ability to bounce back quickly when something doesn’t work
- Action: Knowing when to shift from planning to doing
- Honesty: Transparency with customers, partners and teammates
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Data-driven mindset
- A desire to learn new skills (both technical and non-technical)
- An interest in / passion for the outdoors (fishing knowledge not required)