Data Analyst Sales Intern - Summer 2021 at Paylocity
Paylocity is looking for an ambitious and organized Channels & Alliances Intern. This role will offer you opportunities to jumpstart your career and build knowledge and skills, while working alongside experienced business professionals driving Paylocity’s partnership strategy.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager Channel Enablement, this is a paid, full-time 12-week summer internship for Summer 2021.
PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES (WHAT YOU WILL DO)
If you have what it takes to join the Paylocity team, you will work among top talent in a fast-paced team and growing technology company. Your responsibilities may include:
- Communications and coordination of Paylocity’s partnership programs
- Program guide development and updates, and other program materials development
- Communication on behalf of Paylocity and our business Partners to develop stronger engagement and relationships between Paylocity departments and our partners
- Coordination of special events and activities tied to further developing Paylocity’s partner programs
- Salesforce and other collaboration environment management, including analytics, reporting and data curation
- Various data projects, including data clean-up, import/export, and analytics, as well as hands-on work with our various of collaboration environments – Paylocity software, Sharepoint, etc.
- Channel sales territory optimization support
- Partner inquiries
- Interns will also be engaged in group projects. Through the summer project, interns will have a chance to display and develop teamwork, problem-solving, and presentation skills. The project will be sponsored by our Sr Manager of Channel Enablement, who will provide guidance and direction throughout the course of the summer. At the conclusion of the internship, all work and results will be presented to the Channels & Alliances leadership team.
WHERE YOU WILL BE WORKING: Schaumburg, IL
Please note, in response to COVID-19 & Paylocity’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, our broader team is currently working remotely. While the future is unclear, please assume you will work onsite at some point in the summer, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Paylocity determines it is safe to do so.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS (WHO YOU ARE)
- Currently enrolled in a college degree program working toward a Bachelor’s degree with an anticipated graduation between Summer 2021 & Spring 2022; Business, Marketing, or related major preferred
- Excellent writing, editing and document organizational skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Team player attitude and willing to jump in wherever necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to learn more about business partnerships
- Salesforce, business collaboration, and other software experience, including Microsoft Office, preferably Excel, Word, Outlook and Sharepoint
CHARACTERISTICS OF A SUCCESSFUL CHANNELS & ALLIANCES INTERN
- Strong leadership abilities and serious interest in becoming a well-rounded business leader who can work cross-functionally
- Passionate about delivering an excellent customer experience
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and shows a willingness to share ideas
- Curious to learn and eager to contribute to our mission
- Excited to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Driven to be an excellent communicator
- Curious and capable at using technology systems to support business operations