Data Science - Machine Learning Internship
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
CCC Information Services, Inc. is seeking a Data Science Intern to join their Machine Learning team. The data science team functions like a startup within a secure, established company. The team was formally started in 2013 after one predictive analytics product successfully entered the marketplace. Our Data Scientists can predict variables of interest before those variables are known. The analysts take this prediction and turn it into business value. The team supports work across CCC and is currently working on one of the most strategic initiatives of the company, which is essentially building the AI capabilities for products.
- The Data Science Intern will be involved in the implementation and scaling of machine learning and AI algorithms.
- They will work with other scientists and architects to deliver AI driven technology and solutions, with a heavy focus on creating ways to streamline and automate every process.
- As part of the data science team they will be working on the state of art algorithms from diverse fields such as AI, deep learning, NLP, Telematics and computer vision.
- They will be designing and performing experiments using a scientific approach to compare hypothesis, generate insights and ensure the solution meets the target metrics specified by business requirements.
- They will be expected to apply strong analytical thinking and various statistical methods to evaluate and optimize the deep learning models.
- They will be responsible, as well for transformation of research model/code into a production ready solution and perform testing to ensure quality metrics.
- An ideal candidate will additionally have strong communication and collaboration skills to augment their technical expertise and generate business value.
This opportunity is a paid, full time, summer internship. There will be two cohorts for the upcoming summer internship program:
May 18th, 2020—August 14th, 2020
June 22nd, 2020—September 11th, 2020
Local candidates preferred; there will be no housing offered.
- Must be working towards a Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Applied Math, Physics, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Advanced mathematical modeling skills, applied statistics, machine learning, probability, and linear algebra, algorithm design, creative problem solving, and performance optimization.
- Experience programming in Python, especially the data science stack: numpy, scikit-learn, pandas, matplotlib
- Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL databases and back-end systems.
- Comfortable with scripting and Linux systems
- Exceptional problem solver and communicator
- Effective documentation practices and experience writing reports
- Ability to create end-to-end pipeline automating the entire data science life cycle working individually or with a team.
- Experience delivering data science models or workflows in production, regular optimization of data science software.