Decision Science Intern (Winter) at The Marketing Store
The Marketing Store, a HAVI company, is a privately held global Agency that innovates, optimizes and drives marketing promotions and supply chains of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at The Marketing Store, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
We are staffed by a senior team of classically trained marketing professionals. Having developed an insightful, strategic, brand-building process for creating advertising campaigns, we have adapted this same thinking to promotions, digital, direct, the Internet, CRM, loyalty, premiums and events. The result is unique solutions that cover the gamut of marketing channels. Our clients include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
The Decision Science team works to help bring client data to life, measuring and interpreting complex data sets, delivering actionable insights to our clients. We act as business consultants to our clients, enabling them to make data-driven decisions about their marketing programs and optimize customer communications.
- Work with large, complex data sets to derive actionable business insights and optimization opportunities for key clients.
- Support the communication of results to clients through the preparation of reports, dashboards and presentations, in conjunction with decision scientists and managers.
- Assist in the definition, setup and execution of omnichannel measurement plans, including digital tagging of websites and mobile apps.
- Manipulate, query and extract data from relational databases to answer ad-hoc client queries.
- Work with and present results to stakeholders in multiple areas and levels of the agency.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Working towards a degree in a quantitative/scientific discipline, e.g., computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, physics, statistics, engineering, psychology, neuroscience, cognitive science, decision science, economics, etc.
- Experience with relational database languages (e.g. SQL)
- Strong experience with Excel and intermediate PowerPoint
- Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations
- Experience cleansing, manipulating and transforming datasets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team-first attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to accomplish goals
- A desire to learn new techniques and share knowledge with others
- Passion for understanding behavior, influence, and marketing
- Experience with digital tagging using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and/or Adobe Analytics (Omniture)
- Experience using business intelligence software such as Tableau, PowerBI, Looker etc.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.