DevOps Internship (Summer 2019) at CCC Intelligent Solutions (Chicago, IL)
Job Description SummaryJoining CCC as summer DevOps Intern, you will work with cross-functional teams in an agile environment and contribute to building cutting-edge software for a leading SaaS company. You will work on a variety of projects depending on your team.
Please note, there will be no housing provided for out of state candidates.
This opportunity is a paid, full-time, summer internship. There will be two cohorts for the upcoming CCC Jumpstart class:
- May 20th, 2019 - August 16th, 2019
- June 24th, 2019 – September 13th, 2019
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer Intern to be part of the fast moving, innovative CCC summer internship team. We build enterprise class, hosted solutions that cover multiple physical tiers and service tens of thousands of end-users. This is a great opportunity for a highly-motivated person interested in designing and developing cloud automation for our desktop, mobile, and web applications.
At CCC, you will work alongside Software and QA Engineers and Product Owners in an agile environment building modern software solutions.
- Web Application Development
- Cloud Automation and Deployment
- Database Management
- Machine Learning
The ideal candidate will have a diverse skill set and always eager to learn and grow. The below is a list of skill we are looking for in a successful candidate:
- Programming Language: Experience with object-oriented such as Python, Java, Ruby, C#, etc.
- Automation: experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, Terraform
- Have experience with cloud services such as AWS, Google, Azure, etc.
- Basic understanding with containerization , Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Be able to design, develop and deploy web application using different framework such as Flask. Django, Spring, etc.
- Have a basic knowledge of Database administration and SQL scripting
- Experience using source control: Git / SVN
- Experience building, debugging, and optimizing software lifecycle, preferably in a distributed environment.
- Experience with workflow management tools: Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- Networking: a understanding of networking basics is a plus.
- Machine Leaning: familiarity with Clustering, Classification, NLP algorithms
If you have completed your junior year at a top-tier university, have a Masters, and/or PhD, and have demonstrated excellence in your academic studies, this opportunity is right for you. We are looking for candidates who offer strong collaborative skills and work well with a team. A strong interest in computer science and/or related fields is essential to the success of each intern.
- Experience building and deploying CI/CD/CT pipelines
- Experience with orchestration technologies such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or Azure DevOps
- Understanding of DevSecOps and integrating security from the start along with automating security verifications
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as C#, Java, PowerShell, Bash
- Understanding of the role alerting, logging and monitoring play in the DevOps life-cycle
- Eagerness to collaborate with other team members, good interpersonal communication, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with technical considerations involved in designing for complex systems at large scale
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!