DevOps Internship at CCC Information Services
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
Joining CCC as summer DevOps Intern, you will work with cross-functional teams in an agile environment and contribute to building cutting-edge software for a leading SaaS company. You will work on a variety of projects depending on your team. Please note, there will be no housing provided for out of state candidates.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer Intern to be part of the fast moving, innovative CCC summer internship team. We build enterprise class, hosted solutions that cover multiple physical tiers and service tens of thousands of end-users. This is a great opportunity for a highly-motivated person interested in designing and developing cloud automation for our desktop, mobile, and web applications.
At CCC, you will work alongside Software and QA Engineers and Product Owners in an agile environment building modern software solutions.
- Web Application Development
- Cloud Automation and Deployment
- Database Management
- Machine Learning
The ideal candidate will have a diverse skill set and always eager to learn and grow. The below is a list of skill we are looking for in a successful candidate:
- Programming Language: Experience with object-oriented such as Python, Java, Ruby, C#, etc.
- Automation: experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, Terraform
- Have experience with cloud services such as AWS, Google, Azure, etc.
- Basic understanding with containerization , Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Be able to design, develop and deploy web application using different framework such as Flask. Django, Spring, etc.
- Have a basic knowledge of Database administration and SQL scripting
- Experience using source control: Git / SVN
- Experience building, debugging, and optimizing software lifecycle, preferably in a distributed environment.
- Experience with workflow management tools: Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- Networking: a understanding of networking basics is a plus.
- Machine Leaning: familiarity with Clustering, Classification, NLP algorithms
This opportunity is a paid, full time, summer internship. There will be two cohorts for the upcoming summer internship program:
May 18th, 2020—August 14th, 2020
June 22nd, 2020—September 11th, 2020
If you have completed your junior year at a top-tier university, have a Masters, and/or PhD, and have demonstrated excellence in your academic studies, this opportunity is right for you. We are looking for candidates who offer strong collaborative skills and work well with a team. A strong interest in computer science and/or related fields is essential to the success of each intern.
- Experience building and deploying CI/CD/CT pipelines
- Experience with orchestration technologies such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or Azure DevOps
- Understanding of DevSecOps and integrating security from the start along with automating security verifications
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as C#, Java, PowerShell, Bash
- Understanding of the role alerting, logging and monitoring play in the DevOps life-cycle
- Eagerness to collaborate with other team members, good interpersonal communication, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with technical considerations involved in designing for complex systems at large scale
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously