Who we are:
Label Insight was founded with the mission of helping consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Today, our world class, venture backed, SaaS data platform is solving transparency for the entire industry. Our team is unique because it’s comprised not only of engineers and data scientists, but food science, nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, that enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale.
About the role:
- You’ll use new and emerging technologies in web and software development.
- You’ll take responsibility for code quality and use of best practices across the development team through code reviews
- You’ll design and develop features with a focus on usability through a close relationship with business owners and a solid understanding of the end user needs
- You’ll proactively seek out and help us minimize pain points within our infrastructure, code base and development process
- You will be working with Big Data to create optimized digitization of data processes
- You’ll be working closely with a development and product team
- You’re able to manage your own time, whether working on a team in a collaborative environment or working independently
- Some knowledge of React
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Expertise with common, responsive UI web frameworks and development tools.
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core JS frameworks
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts
- Knowledge of build and deployment tools such as ESLint, npm, yarn, etc.
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
At the end of this internship you will have:
- Gained experience working in a unique startup company environment with an emphasis on collaboration
- Developed experience working on an end to end product solution
- Increased software development skills, learning from a team of top engineers
- Transparency: We share information freely and concisely as a team
- Collaboration: We respect diversity and work toward the solution together
- Iteration and Innovation: We speak up early, are honest about our limits, and leverage failure as an asset
- Intellectual Honesty and Humility: We encourage open debate and favor the best ideas
- Accountability: We own the successes and failures of our team
- Quality Driven: We hold our work to the highest standards and embrace problems as opportunities