Events Marketing Intern
Label Insight is the industry leader in powering product attribute-driven growth across the consumer-packaged goods ecosystem. Our patented technology harnesses data science and machine learning to create best-in-class product attribute data with more than 22,000 high-order attributes per product.
Covering more than 80 percent of top selling food, pet, and personal care items in the U.S., Label Insight enables companies to unlock new growth opportunities and power digital innovation across our business while empowering consumers to make more informed purchasing decisions with better product transparency.
With locations in Chicago and St. Louis, we support industry leading clients including Unilever, ConAgra, Pepsi, Walmart, Target, Albertsons, Petco, Meijer, Dole and numerous other CPG brands and retailers.
About the role:
Events are a crucial experiential marketing tool and a vital part of Label Insight’s sales and marketing strategy. The Event Marketing Intern will be pivotal in ensuring the success of our footprint at the events we participate in, and that our sales team returns home with high-quality leads to move our business forward.
Interns will learn pre-event prep details, assist with remote event execution, and post-event recapping. The ideal candidate will be able to take direction from multiple team members, but also be proactive and work independently, all while being able to prioritize, stay organized, and pay close attention to detail.
A weekly commitment of 40 hours, five days per week, for three months is preferred.
- Assist in activating sponsor deliverables for events, including coordinating internal alignment between teams
- Assist in event coordination and logistics, including shipping marketing materials and other event supplies to the venue
- Daily communication of tasks associated with each event through Google docs and Slack with marketing and sales teams
- Research industry news and competing companies’ event footprint and how we should respond
- Explore cost-effective event activations to increase foot traffic to our booth
- Writing post-event recap blog and social media posts
- Enthusiastic, resourceful and scrappy self-starters interested in working in a technology start-up with a nationwide footprint
- Interest and/or experience in marketing automation
- Experience using a content management system (such as Hubspot), and/or a lead management system (such as Salesforce)
- How to research and write blog content
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong people skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to work independently/improvise on the spot
At the end of this internship, you will be able to:
- Confidently plan a company’s event or trade show presence
- Communicate with different departments in a company to arrive at a mutual decision
- Discern between necessary components for a successful event vs. “nice-to-have” ones
- Use every dollar of a marketing budget effectively
- Transparency: We share information freely and concisely as a team
- Collaboration: We respect diversity and work toward the solution together
- Iteration and Innovation: We speak up early, are honest about our limits, and leverage failure as an asset
- Intellectual Honesty and Humility: We encourage open debate and favor the best ideas
- Accountability: We own the successes and failures of our team
- Quality Driven: We hold our work to the highest standards and embrace problems as opportunities