What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
We are seeking an emerging designer to join our Experience Design team. He or she will help organize our UX standards, be a collaborative contributor, and be hands-on in product prototyping and UX design work. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team who thinks holistically about design and is changing the current grocery landscape.
The Experience Design team has an effective partnership with the product management and development teams. We collaborate with engineers, product owners, brand clients and other executives throughout the product development lifecycle. The position requires a customer focused, data-driven approach, and an understanding of fundamental design principles for mobile and browser UX design. The ideal candidate will be passionate about design and is eager to learn.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Work under the guidance of senior designers
- Ability to conceptualize ideas through the entire design lifecycle (exploration, wireframes, high-fidelity UI, and prototypes)
- Ensure design solutions are user-centric and business goals are met
- Provide rationale for design choices and approaches
- Understand and advocate for our users
- Work on production and documentation of design systems
- Understand the importance of data and can analyze metrics to inform design decisions
- Work with product owners and senior designers to develop and evangelize new product ideas
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree (Junior or Senior year ONLY), Master's degree or PHD degree program OR a recent graduate (May 2020 or December 2020)
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- A portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UX/UI best practices (as illustrated in 1-2 case studies)
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
- Familiarity with the technical considerations
- Experience with design across multiple channels
- Proficiency in design tools such as Sketch and Invision
- Good communication, presentation and persuasion skills
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.