Financial Analyst Intern - Summer 2021 at Paylocity
The Finance & Accounting Department primarily consists of two teams: 1) Accounting, which is responsible for preparing the Company’s financial statements, client billing, filing tax returns, as well as many other duties required of a publicly traded Company; and 2) Finance / Financial Planning & Analysis, which is responsible for companywide budgeting, financial forecasting, analysis of results and long-term financial strategy.
As an intern and member of our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team, you will be responsible for assisting the FP&A team with month end budget/forecasting activities and special projects as needed. You will be directly involved in some aspects of forecasting process and expense analysis/modeling.
PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES (WHAT YOU WILL DO)
- Assist functional teams in analyzing actual expense vs. budget/forecast, identifying, and communicating key variance drivers and insights to Financial Planning & Analysis and business leadership
- Develop financial KPI’s and metrics to facilitate discussion and understanding of planned vs. actual spend with key business leaders
- Assist in preparing quarterly balance sheet and cash flow models
- Develop financial reports using various software packages (e.g. Vena, Excel, NetSuite, etc.)
- Support various members the FP&A team including Managers and Directors
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses as needed
- Lead/support various special projects as assigned
- Additional duties as assigned
WHERE YOU WILL BE WORKING: Schaumburg, IL
Please note, in response to COVID-19 & Paylocity’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, our Finance Team is currently working remotely. We successfully hosted interns virtually over Summer 2020 and will do so again if necessary. While the future is unclear, please assume you will work onsite at some point in the summer, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Paylocity determines it is safe to do so.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS (WHO YOU ARE)
- Currently enrolled in a college degree program working toward a Bachelor’s degree with an anticipated graduation between December 2021 & Spring 2022; Finance or Accounting major preferred
- Experience with MS office, preferably Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong academic performance, GPA of 3.3/4.0 or higher is preferred
- A basic understanding of GAAP and the core financial statements
- Previous experience working in an office environment preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication, writing and organizational skills