ThinkMarkets is a global online brokerage firm, specializing in providing multi-asset trading solutions to thousands of clients around the world. With our flagship ThinkTrader platform, we allow our clients to trade the world 24-hours a day. Our mission is to disrupt the brokerage industry by allowing access to global markets and thousands of products to allow our clients to trade the world in the palm of their hand. We use the latest technologies to give traders seamless access to our proprietary trading platforms. Our Chicago office is in the heart of the financial district in the Loop, and is made up by our Leadership, IT, Analytics, and R&D teams.
We are seeking a Human Resources/Administrative Assistant to join our rapidly growing global workforce in Chicago. In this position, you will assist the HR, Administrative, Recruiting, and Leadership teams to best support business and employee needs.
- Edit and draft onboarding documents for new employees globally
- Maintain accurate and confidential digital and hard copies of HR records
- Provide HR administrative support in meetings, including, but not limited to: note-taking, generating HR and recruiting reports, updating labor agreements and employee contracts, submitting background checks, supporting payroll administration, etc.
- Assist with recruiting efforts including, but not limited to: scheduling phone screens and onsite interviews, posting open jobs on multiple job boards, screening resumes, performing reference checks, etc.
- Conduct research on benefits, employment law, salary benchmarking, trainings, and talent retention to present to HR and leadership
- Understand business operations from both a strategic and tactical perspective to best support HR and recruiting teams
- Act as a friendly and approachable administrative and HR representative to all employees
- Assist with administrative staff in scheduling meetings & interviews, order catering, and maintain adequate office supplies and snack items
- Answer main telephone line and direct to appropriate party
- Coordinate FedEx incoming and outgoing deliveries and route mail correctly
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, or other related field
- Prior experience in an HR-related internship or similar role
- Familiarity with HR software and systems such as Greenhouse, BambooHR, ADP RUN
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Outstanding research and note-taking abilities
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and professional decorum
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Our Benefit Offerings:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage available
- Employer-Paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Pre-Tax Transit deduction options
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- 401k and Roth 401k (retirement planning) options available and competitive company match
- Generous Paid Holidays
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Fresh beverages and snacks in office
This position requires presence in the downtown Chicago Office 5 days/week.