Independent Channel Internship at KeHE Distributors
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Independent Channel Intern will learn and develop skillsets needed for a successful sales career within the Independent Channel at KeHE. Working in several key business areas during the internship will offer the candidate experiences in sales, merchandising, customer service, and project management activities.
- Develop selling skills working within the Inside Sales team, managing a group of diverse Independent retailers throughout the country.
- Generate new business by following up on leads and prospecting for new customers.
- Obtain in store merchandising, design, and planogram competencies working alongside our Sales Solutions Team.
- Manage and execute on store proposals and drive new PODs
- Responsible for innovation and implementing plan-o-grams, educational aids, and merchandising techniques
- Provide a great customer experience within the Customer Care team learning all facets of customer service and systems
- Identify, research, and contact customers and build positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Cross training with Independent Grocery, Natural, and Fresh Sales leaders
- Partner with the Warehouse Operations, Transportation, and Supply Chain and other teams to ensure understanding of processes between the groups.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Current college student with a focus in Business Administration or Sales & Marketing
- Past Sales and customer service experience
- Adept at building partnerships across a wide range of cross functional groups.
- Advanced skillset in MS Office Suite required