INTERN - DECISION SCIENCES
As a Decision Sciences Intern, you’ll be part of a team that focuses on researching and building machine learning applications to extend our personalization platform. Conversant’s personalization is based on analysis of anonymized data at internet scale and is used in evaluating 1 trillion advertising opportunities per month – in real-time. As an Intern you will be able to apply your field of study to real problems with an opportunity to directly impact our business, gaining experience with internet-scale data and state-of-the-art computing clusters. Several of our team members are graduates of our Intern program from previous years!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop a basic understanding of Conversant’s personalization platform.
- Use your machine learning expertise to research and recommend the best approaches to solving one of our technology + business problems.
- Implement and validate your solution.
- Work with other teams to integrate your solution into Conversant’s platform.
- Document and present your approach.
Education and Experience
- In a Ph.D. program in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Linguistics, or related field.
- Research experience and coursework in data science, machine learning, graph theory, optimization, or language processing.
- Fluency in programming (Scala, SQL, Python, or R a plus).
- Experience with Large Data Sets (Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, or MPP a plus).
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Desire to apply your expert knowledge to grow a business.