What you’ll learn:
- It’s hard to get a job in product management or product design without having any experience in the field. Through this internship, you’ll gain experience in working with product managers, product designers and engineers who are shipping working software. At the end of this internship you will be able to cite real life examples (and you firsthand learnings) from working with agile teams.
- You will shadow and learn from Devbridge Product Managers and Product Designers as they execute real client work. You’ll have the opportunity to observe product management and design in action, and contribute to shipping product to market.
- Each company structures product organizations differently, during this internship you’ll conduct market research to understand how different product organizations are organized, and choose to structure their work. This activity will help you better understand the landscape when applying for future full-time roles.
- One of the most important skills to build for a career in product is the ability to find product-market-fit (in other words, identify an unmet need in the market that you can address with your product and people are willing to pay for it). During this internship you’ll conduct market research to identify how different product organizations are meeting their users’ needs and how the solution measures up against competitors.
- This role reports directly to the Managing Director (Chicago Office)
- You will have the opportunity to participate in virtual and in-person team meetings and events.
- You will be paired with a mentor who is currently working as a Product Manager or Product Designer
- All activities related to active software development will have support from delivery team (product manager, product designer, engineering lead)
- Shadow agile ceremonies of active Product Delivery teams
- Support Product Delivery teams by producing key artifacts for delivery health including demo decks, end of sprint product health reports, case studies etc.
- As needed, you may be enlisted to assist with updates to the backlog (product requirements/design assets) for active product development
- Participate in 1-2 trainings for PM/PD per week and assist with updates to training materials (keynote decks)
- Conduct market research on select product organizations including competitive analysis and product team organizational structure
- Identify and interview key contacts within product organizations (outside of Devbridge). Interview activities will include surveys, emails, phone calls and video conference.
- Summarize research findings in a final presentation and article. (Article may be distributed to interview participants and/or published on Devbridge.com)
- Update CRM with contact information, recent publications and intelligence related to target customers
- Based in Chicago, IL
- Working towards BA/BS Degree
- Desire to pursue a career in Digital Product Management or Product Design
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn Outlook, CRM (Salesforce), Video Conferencing (Zoom), Messaging (Slack) and Project Management tools (JIRA & Confluence)
- BA/BS Degree, working towards Masters of Business Adminstration, Design, Product
- Basic understanding of software design, development and agile teams
- Existing network, or a desire to build one, in the Southeast (Georgia, North Carolina)
- A wide array of tools for success: in-depth training, accessible leadership, and paired mentor
- Paid Internship in a high impact department
- Health and wellness benefit
- Opportunities for professional development, such as Devbridge hosted conferences, seminars, and educational courses
- Team building events, Friday lunches, and stocked kitchen
- Employee referral program
Read Full Job Description