IT INTERN- GVS ECOM DEVOPS at Ulta Beauty
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of the IT department.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
- Design, build and maintain core modules of the Ulta Digital Store Platform.
- Cloud Development.
- Work with cross functional teams and participate in design and code review process that follows Agile methodologies.
- Provide support to the existing Service Delivery (Operations) teams on level 3 issues including hot fixes /break fixes as needed to maintain the current production state.
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including planning meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Operate effectively in situations with limited information; is innovative, flexible and adaptable.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree in the final year of school.
- Strong academic record.
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and interact with management level personnel.
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2020.