IT Intern, Summer 2021 at closerlook, inc.
About the job
Must live in the Chicagoland area and be able to be onsite.
Summer 2021 – IT Internship
What to expect
As a closerlook IT Intern, you will provide high-level customer service to all internal customers. Provide technical support for PC (Windows & Mac) hardware and software, including diagnostic, repair and installation services. Work jointly with all IT staff and the user community for problem resolution. You’ll be responsible for supporting standard and specialized desktop systems and learning and understanding standard and custom clinical applications for troubleshooting and support. We’ve designed our internship program to expose underrepresented individuals into the world of biopharma and create opportunity to become ambassadors for diversity, equity and inclusion throughout your careers.
If you identify as African American, Latinx, Asian or Indigenous and would like to gain experience with a digital marketing agency focused in the bio-pharma market, we encourage you to apply!
Start Date: June 2021
End Date: August 2021
Schedule: Full-time (Monday – Friday, 9AM-5PM)
- Assist with new hire preparation
- Ready laptops with software images for new hires
- Help manage return requests
- Coordinate with departing staff ensuring shipping addresses, etc. are up to date prior to their departure
- Assist with laptop repairs/replacements/emergencies
- Assist with workstation hardware setup in the office once users start returning
- Assist with managing inventory (laptops, monitors, etc.)
- Assist in keeping a real-time document of changes and notes in policies as we troubleshoot
- Assist with first-level support and other duties as assigned
- Must live in the Chicagoland area and be able to be onsite
- Must have reasonable transport (will be re-imbursed for mileage) for shipping and receiving equipment
- Experience supporting repairs of Windows 10 and MacOS systems
- Experience supporting Windows 10 and MacOS systems
- Ability and willingness to work and support end-users’ needs remotely
- Critical thinker who can collaborate and offer creative solutions and ideas
- Must have strong written and verbal skills
- Must be organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to complete a 12-week internship program
- Available to work at least 40 hours per week for the duration of the program
- This role is active and will require you to stand, walk, and bend
- You will be required to use hands and fingers to handle or operate objects, tools, or controls
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Must occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 50+ lbs