IT Operations Apprenticeship at Optiver
Are you looking to leverage your strong problem-solving and analytical skills to establish a technical career? Optiver’s IT Operations Apprenticeship transforms high-aptitude candidates into high-producing engineers on our Site Reliability Engineering team. No technical experience is required as we provide you with the training and tools to become a successful engineer. This team deploys, monitors, and configures a complex suite of proprietary trading applications. The Apprenticeship is a great way to start a technical career in the fast-paced and competitive trading industry.
What you’ll do:
- Attend professional training to become Red Hat Linux (RHCSA) certified
- Match with a mentor who’ll train you in scripting (Python) and version control (SVN)
- Gain a deep understanding of our trading systems by supporting projects on our SRE team
- Start your career in tech as a Site Reliability Engineer
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree (engineering degree is a plus)
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Interest in understanding technical concepts
- Strong work ethic and passion for operational excellence
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Technology at Optiver:
As an engineer, you are a maker at heart. And at Optiver you will have the opportunity to take ownership of complex problems and craft solutions—to make stuff—from day one. Every day will bring fresh challenges that demand even fresher thinking. And the proprietary trading systems you build will directly impact financial markets that—either directly or indirectly—touch the lives of millions of people.
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker specializing in pricing, execution and risk management. Working together, our traders and software engineers design proprietary systems and execute strategies to provide liquidity and increase market efficiencies.
Put simply, we improve the markets. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being. It requires intelligence, obviously. But in this industry, that’s table stakes. We’re seeking traders, software engineers and interns who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.
Given the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Optiver US is managing its business remotely. Please note this opportunity will not be remote long-term and employees will be expected to work in the office once it is safe to do so.