IT Security Risk Analyst Internship Summer 2021 at CCC Information Services
CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
CCC Jumpstart Summer Internship Program Our program is designed to jumpstart your career! At CCC, you will work and learn alongside innovative and inspiring leaders and gain valuable experience working on real business solutions in a corporate setting. You will also have an opportunity to participate in unique events throughout the summer from professional development workshops to Lunch and Learn events with CCC colleagues and leaders. This opportunity is a paid, full-time, summer internship.
There will be two cohorts for the upcoming CCC Jumpstart class:
May 17th, 2021 – August 13th, 2021
June 21st, 2021 – September 10th, 2021
As an Intern IT Security Risk Analyst, you will use your skills and experience to identify gaps in administrative, technical, and physical security controls to mitigate risk to information systems and data. You will work beside other experienced security risk analysts to perform information security readiness and risk assessments using the ISO/IEC 27001/27002 framework of controls. Additionally, you’ll perform information security risk and compliance assessments for new software or services before procurement. You’ll collaborate primarily with the IT security team, but also participate in discussions with IT architecture and operations, software product development, business units, internal controls, and others to identify risks and recommend secure solutions.
Local candidates preferred
- Experience with information technology systems, applications, tools beyond user level expertise, e.g., operating system or database administration, application development, network security controls
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences at various levels within the organization
- Analysis, decision making, problem solving and customer service skills
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- A broad understanding of information technology and related security controls
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Pursuit of a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer/Information Technology, Accounting or Information Systems Audit and Control, or Information Security
- Certification or progress toward a designation in information security, risk, or compliance (e.g., CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, GIAC, CIPP/IT) is beneficial
- Project management experience