MBA Intern at Oak Street Health (Chicago, IL)
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: MBA Summer Intern- Strategy and Business Analytics
Location: Downtown Chicago (30 W. Monroe St.)
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing company of primary care centers for adults on Medicare in medically-underserved communities where there is little to no quality healthcare. Oak Street's care is based on an entirely new model that is based on value for its patients, not on volume of services. The company is accountable for its patients' health, spending more than twice as long with its patients and taking on the risks and costs of their care. For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com .
The Strategy & Business Analytics team is a newly-formed group designed to help us develop a deeper understanding of our business and advance our innovative and transformative approach to providing high-quality care.
Members of the team will leverage Oak Street's growing data and forecasting capabilities to improve business performance, identify and assess opportunities for additional investment, and provide analytical and operational guidance for new pilot programs throughout the organization. The team will partner closely with our CEO, leadership team, Board of Directors, and subject matter experts across the organization to develop and refine Oak Street's strategic agenda.
The ideal candidate will have strong relationship skills, be self-directed, and enjoy working with a team in a fast-paced startup environment, while bringing his/her experience, leadership, and innovative ideas.
- Quantify impact of investments across drivers to improve overall financial performance of business
- Help identify trade offs, optimal investments, and organizational priorities
- Provide analytical and process management support across the organization
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop, implement, and assess Oak Street strategic and operational initiatives
- Structure complex issues to develop compelling, insightful recommendations for Oak Street's operational leadership, executive team, and Board of Directors
- Assist in preparation of executive-level presentations for our senior leadership team and Board of Directors
- Other duties, as assigned
What we're looking for
We're looking for motivated, entrepreneurial individuals with:
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program from a top tier institution
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience in a highly-analytical fast-paced environment; early-stage company, management consulting, or investment banking experience a plus
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and impeccable business judgment
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity and a need to ask (and answer) the next question
- Comfort with "big data" and an ability to succinctly summarize large amounts of information
- An ability to independently pursue and implement solutions to complex problems
- A history of taking ownership and delivering results
- Exceptional humility, a bias toward listening, and a natural inclination to dive in and get your hands dirty
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to be personable yet persistent
- A positive and empathetic attitude -- you motivate others to overcome challenges and reject the status quo
- Unimpeachable integrity
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel; experience with SQL, Alteryx, VBA,
- Tableau, R, and/or other financial & analytical tools a plus
- Strong written communication skills including proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being "Oaky". What it means to be OAKY:
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being scrappy
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can't be found in other healthcare companies, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company focused on changing the future of healthcare.
- High levels of responsibility and opportunities for rapid advancement
- Generous retirement options, paid vacation/sick time, as well as health, vision and dental benefits
- Supportive and fun culture
- HQ (the "Treehouse") is located in the heart of Downtown, close to many public transit options and great restaurants
Why does Oak Street Health offer all of these benefits? Because we know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our team deserves the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work. In return, we expect the best out of our co-workers.
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers