MBA Strategy & Operations Intern - Summer 2020
Amper is digitally transforming the manufacturing industry and we are seeking a thoughtful and driven MBA intern to join us in evolving Amper’s strategy and operations. We have recently raised over $3.5M in seed capital and are looking to quickly grow our team and scale our company. You will be working closely with the CEO to develop strategic opportunities that facilitate our growth.
Our team is passionate about making manufacturers succeed by providing simple and powerful tools to better understand and manage their operations. We replace the "clipboard and paper" with a real-time analytics tool that helps reduce downtime and focus limited resources on things that matter. Innately, we are builders - we love understanding how things are made and, unsurprisingly, love being hands-on in building things ourselves - whether it's our product, customer success journey or our sales process.
Amper is backed by leading venture capital firms like Slow Ventures and SOSV, as well as top entrepreneurs and angel investors. We are based in River West, Chicago IL and our loft-style office has views of the Chicago skyline.
What will you be doing?
- Work directly with the CEO to evolve Amper’s strategy and operations to fit a rapidly expanding team
- Play a major role in preparing and facilitating a new equity investment round of capital
- Develop distribution/channel and other strategic partnerships
- Learn about and improve overall operations at Amper
- Refine Amper’s marketing strategy and industry positioning
Some reasons you might like working with us:
- We are a cross-functional team that thrives in collaborating and supporting colleagues
- Our vision is massive and we have the team, technology and customer base to support that growth
- We have an insanely talented team that is fast-paced and each in the top of their field
- We believe that building Amper is a marathon and not a short sprint and we support a balanced life
- You get to learn a lot very quickly and we trust you to operate with freedom in achieving your mission
Here are the skills you'll need to be successful:
- Experience in venture capital, private equity or finance - you need to understand the process of raising venture capital and are able to help position Amper as a market leader
- Process and organizational design - you need to be able to help establish key operational standards that scale with Amper
- B2B communication skills - you need to help develop strategic partnerships that influence our sales strategy
Here's why this might not be a fit for you:
- Our team is small and missing key skills becomes apparent very quickly. We provide resources to learn and grow (and expect our colleagues to develop skills constantly), but if you don’t want there to be a need to continuously learn and perform, this isn’t the right role.
- You will need to do a lot yourself - no task is too small or too large for this role. You may need to re-design a presentation, build a sales forecast, or document a boring (but essential to standardize) process. If you’re not a hands-on individual that is motivated to get stuff done (quickly), this role won’t be enjoyable for you.
- We don’t look at customers as “cash cows” but rather see them as long term partners in our journey to making the industry succeed. We detest the current model of how industrial sales are clunky and poorly designed for customers
If this role seems like a fit, we would love to learn more about your experience and goals.