New Product Development Intern at NowPow
NowPow, whose name is a play on knowledge is power, is a women-owned and led technology business based on Chicago’s south side. NowPow’s technology platform is a multi-sided, community resource network management solution that enables care professionals – social workers, physicians, justice workers – to manage and close the loop on health and social service referrals. The platform helps people get the care they need, whether they are managing chronic health and social conditions or just staying well.
Built on the scientific research of Dr. Stacy Lindau’s CommunityRx project, a $5.8 million Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) innovation award, NowPow pioneers the idea of “e-prescribing” community resources at the point of care. NowPow generates these personalized e-prescriptions by applying a rigorous matching methodology to our enormous inventory of community services and an individual’s personal health and social conditions – such as ability to pay, ability to travel, and so on.
Integrating with all major hospital and doctor electronic health record systems, NowPow produces community resource e-prescriptions that extend, complement and complete care plans given to the patient by providers, allowing for patient care to continue outside of the hospital.
Position Title: Product Management Intern
Reports to: Kyle Haverback, Head of New Product Development
Collaborates with: New Product Development, Technology, Sales, Customer Success, Implementation, Community Engagement, Community Referrals
Position Summary: The Product Development department sits at the heart of NowPow and manages the company’s entire product line with the vision of delivering elegant, intuitive, and game-changing products. The Product Development team plays an essential role in the development and continuous improvement of NowPow products by researching customer needs, defining business requirements, and launching new products. The team also works leads go-to-market planning through research into customer needs, competitors, and defining product positioning and benefits.
The Product Management Intern will work within the NPD Department to develop and iterate on our understanding of the marketplace with special focus on a cohort of competitors.
Essential Duties & Responsiblities:
- Develop a clear sense of NowPow’s market and customers, understand our technology’s value to our customers and users.
- Research and iterate on competitor and customer intelligence.
- Compare NowPow's products to competitors to determine functional gaps.
- Participate in user testing to gather feedback on products.
- Find and create proprietary market-facing data sets.
- Assist NPD department on additional market-facing projects, as needed.
- Demonstrates a passion for social entrepreneurship or leveraging technology to address social challenges
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and balance multiple projects within a fast-paced, highly fluid entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to learn quickly and navigate ambiguity as well as take initiative on new projects or assigned items
- Ability to give, receive, and interpret feedback from team members and stakeholders
- Strong detail orientation
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Excellent analytical, organization, and communication skills