Operations Intern (Paid)
Sittercity’s mission is to make child care finally work. We pioneered tech enabled child care in 2001, and we connect millions of parents with babysitters and nannies every year through our app and website. With Sittercity and Chime, our on-demand service, we are building a platform that is radically simplifying the way we find, book and pay for trusted care. Headquartered in Chicago, we serve families and caregivers nationwide.
Check out our Chime app on the app store to get a better sense of what we do!
About the Role
So what can you expect as an Operations Intern? You’ll be joining a small, tight-knit Operations team that does anything and everything to make our product run smoothly. We like making decisions grounded in data, and consider ourselves to be one of the main growth engines for the company. Time commitment is flexible based on class schedule, but we are ideally looking for someone who can offer a minimum of 15-25 hours a week and additional hours in the summer.
In the role, you will help support our ongoing day-to-day operations initiatives, including:
- Help support our onboarding processes for new sitters, including reviewing and decisioning on applications
- Research new markets and use data to inform our national expansion strategy
- Analyze data and provide the Operations team with actionable insights that drive business value
- Recommend changes to our internal processes to make them bigger, better and faster
This is a big, fun job and you can expect to gain a lot of skills that will be useful for a career in operations/startups/tech. If you have a quantitatively-bent mind and want to hustle, apply now!
- Interest in business operations at a tech firm
- Experience analyzing data in Excel
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple deadlines and projects
- Pursuing a degree in a quantitative field (Economics, Engineering, Business, Math, etc.) is nice, but we’re more interested in critical thinkers
Sittercity operates in a casual and fun environment in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. Perks include unlimited healthy snacks, weekly team lunches and quarterly outings.
Sittercity is a recipient of the 2016 WorldatWork, Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award for demonstrated leadership in workplace strategies and practices to help employees achieve success in work-life effectiveness.
Sittercity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees.