OppLoans Summer 2019 Senior Internship
(Please note, we will only consider candidates who will be in the Chicago area for summer break and are available to join us at our offices for an in-person interview.)
- OppLoans is a socially responsible, profitable FinTech company that has grown 2000% over the last 3 years, and is backed by a global investment firm with $100M+ in AUMs.
- Recent accolades include being named one of the fastest-growing companies in the USA by Inc. Magazine’s list of 500, 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago, and 6th best company to work for nationally by Glassdoor.
- Customers love our product! We have been widely recognized as having the best customer experience in the industry. See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
- Employees love working here. We have an entrepreneurial and dynamic startup culture that also cares for our employees. Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
OppLoans is searching for next-generation talent to help grow the most valuable online lending company. Interns will find themselves at the intersection of Business, Operations, Data, Finance, Marketing, Compliance, Legal, and Technology. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone energized by the prospect of joining a nimble, rapidly-growing business. If you want to roll up your sleeves and have a tremendous impact on both short and long-term growth, we want to hear from you.
Internships are going to be available in the following departments:
- Finance & Accounting
- Technology & Support
- Business Operations
- Marketing & Content
- Compliance & Legal
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Support CEO, COO, CFO, CMO, CCO, General Counsel, Chief Risk Officer, and CTO in investigation, analysis, documentation and reporting on key business drivers of the organization.
- Utilize information from multiple internal and external sources to provide data and analytical support for annual business plans and global/regional marketing & sales initiatives.
- Provide information and insights regarding customers, customer behavior, markets, competitors, and campaign effectiveness to measure performance and support business decisions.
- Lead efforts in compiling and validating internal and external sales and marketing data for use in projects to Marketing, Sales, Strategic Planning, and Finance.
- Work with key internal clients on a frequent basis to identify opportunities for analytics.
- Work closely to manage third-party vendors in the data acquisition phase of each project. Ensure timely and high-quality deliverables.
- Assist in preparing final project deliverables, including creating PowerPoint decks and Excel spreadsheet tools.
- Seeking Bachelor's degree (preferably in Math, Engineering, Accounting, Computer Science, Data Science, Physics, Economics, Law, Poli Sci, Marketing or a related field).
- Rising college senior (2020 graduation date)
- Demonstrated ability to creatively develop analytical solutions given our unique business model and "non-standard" data.
- Proficiency with statistical methodologies and SQL.
- All-around “athlete” who is intellectually curious, highly analytical, and purposefully strategic.
- Ability to devour, distill, and synthesize vast amounts of structured and unstructured data into a coherent, easy-to-understand deliverable.
- Passion for continuous innovation and improvement of business processes.
- Organized and meticulous, without neglecting speed, quality, and necessity.
- Self-directed with the ability to work as part of a team as well as solo in a very flat organization.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Free OppLoans apparel.
- Mentorship program.
- Fun, fast-paced work environment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Opportunities to donate to charity.
- Dynamic start-up culture and environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events (happy hours, massages, game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts, etc.).
- Dual monitors and stand-up workstations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.