PR & Influencers Intern - Winter 2018 (Paid)
Sittercity’s mission is to make child care finally work. We pioneered tech-enabled child care in 2001, and we connect millions of parents with babysitters and nannies every year. Recently recognized as a 2018 Chicago Innovation Award winner, we are building a platform that is radically simplifying the way we find, book and pay for trusted care. Headquartered in Chicago, we serve families and caregivers nationwide.
What You’ll Do
As PR & Influencers Intern, reporting to the Content Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day execution of marketing initiatives, primarily focused on influencer marketing, hyperlocal group outreach, and public relations. You will work with the marketing team to develop influencer and PR engagement strategies, build relationships that amplify the Sittercity brand, and be the first point of contact when communicating with influencers and media partners.
The time commitment is flexible based on class schedule, but we are ideally looking for someone who can offer a minimum of 15 hours a week in the spring semester. This internship will pay $12/hour.
- Assist in the development and execution of a formalized PR and influencer strategy
- Research influencers and lead external outreach to bloggers, parent groups and schools
- Manage and update media lists and lead external outreach to local and national publications
- Write media announcements, press releases and influencer outreach
- Create and mail influencer outreach care packages
- Suggest innovative ideas for engaging content and campaigns
- Perform research and market analysis
- Assist in administrative duties
- Broad understanding of the digital marketing environment
- Major or interest in marketing, communications, or public relations
- Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills (examples will be requested)
- Experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and more)
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple deadlines and projects
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Experience pitching media is a bonus, but not required
Benefits and Perks
- Support for flexible and remote working environments
- Food and healthy snacks throughout the day
- Ping pong and on-site fitness center
- Company events, social outings and volunteer opportunities
- Open personal time off policy
- Subsidized use of Chime for personal childcare services
Sittercity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.