Product Design Intern
About the role:
Assist the Design team in developing our world class product data digitization and exploration platform. Collaborate on developing our design system, UX research projects, while ideating and mocking new features.
- Help define and evolve the company’s visual and functional design systems
- Work with cross-functional product and engineering teams UI/UX/IA problems
- Ideate and create mockups and interactive prototypes
- Help develop and evolve style guide and UI component library
- Help develop measurements of success
- Experience/Knowledge of responsive design, grid based design
- Experience/Knowledge of creating flowcharts, user personas, user testing scripts
- Knowledge of design principles (color, typography, layout etc)
- An eye and passion for detail and elegant solutions
- A strong, creative, problem solving skill set
- Familiarity with Sketch, Invision, Adobe Suite, pencil & paper
- Comfortable working collaboratively
At the end of this internship you will be able to:
- Translate user challenges into product design solutions
- Survive working in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Deliver quality work under tight deadlines
- Simplify complex information in an accessible and delightful way
Who we are:
Label Insight was founded with the mission of helping consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Today, our world class, venture backed, SaaS data platform is solving transparency for the entire industry. Our unique team is made up of talented engineers and data scientists, who work alongside food science and nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, who enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale. Learn more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.
- Transparency: We’re transparent and open about our work.
- Collaboration: We’re team players. We support and trust our co-workers, celebrate each other’s wins and learn from each other’s failures. We work to create an environment where everyone can thrive.
- Iteration and Innovation: We’re not afraid to challenge assumptions, make suggestions for better solutions, try new ideas, or take smart risks. We challenge the status quo, and feel safe to make mistakes knowing we can learn from them rather than repeat them.
- Intellectual Honesty and Humility: We pursue the best answer, not proving ourselves right. We are aware of our own biases and admit when we’re wrong. We’re willing to ask for help when we need it.
- Accountability: We take responsibility for our own work quality, problems and solutions, and how our actions affect those around us.
- Quality Driven: We strive for quality in our work and our approach to our role. We make data-driven decisions.