Product Design Intern
STATS' summer internship program is a 10 week, 40 hours per week paid internship. Interns work together and individually within the organization to gain valuable experience and make an impact in sports technology. Not only will STATS Interns have hands on experience in their field of study but there are awesome perks too! There will be luncheons, a major league baseball game, an end-of-summer presentation, and other activities.
STATS is seeking an energetic and passionate product design or user experience design intern supporting STATS' experience design department. The intern will gain valuable exposure to a wide-range of projects in product design and user research. The position will provide practical real-world experience while gearing a portion of projects toward bolstering the intern's portfolio.
What You'll Do:
- Design engaging experiences for Desktop, Web & Mobile
- Learn the product design process, from idea to implementation
- Gain experience conducting user research and validating design decisions through usability testing
- Create prototypes and learn best practices in sharing and communicating your design ideas
- Present design solutions to customers, stakeholders and executives
- Implement flows, wireframes and interaction models that use UX best practices for both desktop and mobile environments
- Collaborate across several teams, including but not limited to design, engineering and product management
- Navigate the complexity of larger scale products, from tiny interaction details to the larger product vision and customer experience as a whole
- Deliver assets to developers and work tirelessly to ensure the design is being implemented to a high standard
What You'll Need:
- Proficiency across the Adobe Creative Suite, as well as Sketch
- Strong layout and design sensibilities and attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task/change priorities as needed
- The ability and willingness to defend design decisions and incorporate feedback into the design cycle
- Strong ability to maintain organization for design assets
- Ability to work 40 hours per week from our Chicago office
- Passion for sports and desire to learn more about the industry
STATS is an equal opportunity employer our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race, disability or veteran status.